Information is searched and managed, please wait!
Managing group memberships
Membership to a group can be accessed via this icon. The link and the page described below will only appear if you have permission to edit the memberships.
The page that opens will first have a table of memberships. (In the case of memberships for a particular user, the tables list the groups to which they belong - this guide describes the membership of a particular group in that group.) Members (*) are listed alphabetically by name.
The columns in the table are: consecutive number, user, role, email setting, edit icon, and check box. The contents of the main columns are described below:
- User column: A group icon with a link to handle all memberships for this user. The name of the user with the link to modify the user properties.
- Role: A user may have a different role, which may include different levels of access. The normal case is a Member. Each group should also have at least one coordinator (or owner) who can handle memberships and other group features. By changing the role to Not a member, mail can be blocked.
- Edit: Use the finger icon to change the membership of this user (attach, unlink, set role and email setting). A pop-up form can also be used to move on to the application. user membership in another group. TIP: You can conveniently move one person to another group on that membership form by first separating them from this group, then moving to another group (bottom menu and the GO button next to them) and attaching them. Finally, close the popup.
- Check box: You can select multiple users to handle all of them at once at the bottom of the page. You can select all rows in the table by selecting the box in the title bar. (Deselecting this box will deselect all selections accordingly.)
(*) The table may also contain non-members, for example, retrieved by the search function at the bottom of the page
Below the table are more extensive functions, some of which apply to all members selected from the table. The first is the bottom three items with a radio button that you can only select one at a time.
- If you select the top item, you can change the role of all the selected ones (or exclude them from the group) and the email setting.
- In the second section, you can add members by entering the properties of the desired members. The input feature is selected from the drop-down list, which defaults to an email address. Properties can be entered as a list, for example, email addresses are written sequentially and separated by a space. To successfully connect, the user must have a user account on intranet / iforum and that particular feature in their data.
- From the third point you can move to another group.
If you select the check box under the radio buttons, all users selected in the table (regardless of membership) will also be printed in the next view, even if you move to another group, etc.
At the bottom of the page is the Search Users heading, which has very simple search functions underneath. (Give feedback if you want some more options here!) So the actions are to find users in the table at the top of the page, where they can then be joined as members of a group, for example.
In the text box you can enter the user's last name. You can use an asterisk * as a wildcard.
You can also choose whether or not to include the members of this group in the spreadsheet.
You can also choose to search for users based on membership in another group.
Click the OK button at the end of the page to complete all selected editing and search operations. If you move completely to another group, any search and editing functions that you have selected will not be performed on that group.
After the OK button, there is still an email icon that you can click to write an email message to all users selected in the checkbox. (The message goes directly to their email addresses, regardless of membership, and is not stored in the intranet, but you can choose to send yourself a copy!)
Other help items:
Uusien käyttäjien lisääminen
Update your own user image
Tutkimus- yms. hankkeet