Increasing Teacher Trainees' Awareness of Sexualised and Gendered Violence -International Training Course on Sexualised and Gendered Violence 2004
Summary of the project
The project started on 1st of October 2003 and will end on 30st of September 2004.
The aim of the project is
- to increase teacher trainees' and teachers' awareness of gendered and sexualised violence,
- to develop non-violence pedagogy at schools and
- to produce and organise a web-based course developed in an international framework.
The course is aimed at teacher trainees but also teachers and other professionals working with children and youth in educational environments. The focus of the course is on preventing violence and on supporting the victim to get through of violence she has encountered. The publication "Gendered and Sexualised Violence in Educational Environments", produced within the first Aware -project, is used as one of the educational materials for the studies.
The web-based study material will be planned and developed by the partner organisations in cooperation with the University of Oulu. The web-based learning environment for the course will be created and updated at the University of Oulu.
- Gendered and sexualised violence in everyday life in educational organisations
- Surviving violence: The point of view of the victim of violence
- Enlargening the perspectives on violence
- The gender-sensitive pedagogy of non-violence and the building of the non-violent school culture
The results will be used in higher education for people in the field of teaching and training. The results will be informed through the website and the research networks. The project and the results will be presented in international conferences and seminars that deal with gendered and sexualised violence. Informing about the project is done primarily by the project workers' and secondarily by all members of the networks. Each project partner may present the project in a way they find appropriate but always mentioning the organisations that are financing the project.
The project is mainly funded by the EU-Daphne -programme against the violence towards children and women and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. Aware II -project is a continuation of the first Aware -project 2001-2003. More about Aware I
Back to the top
Updated 6.9.2004 AK